Friday, November 16, 2007

part of my story

A boy tossed and turned in his sleep, unaware that he was being watched by blood red eyes. The eyes belonged to a girl hidden in a tree outside the boy’s window. She slowly climbed through his open window, completely silent, using a technique she used to stalk her prey. The only sound in the room was the boys breathing. The girl did not even breathe, as she did not need to. She was a blood sucker, a vampire, creature of the night. Everyone who knew her in life believed her to be dead, which she was in a way. She was supposed to of died from the car accident

She had been rushed to the hospital, but there was no hope of saving her life. She remembered waking up in a dimly lit room with a woman who looked around twenty.

“I’m sorry. There was no other way. I had to change you.” The woman apologized softly.

“Ch-ch-change me? Who are you?” the girl whispered shakily. She was very confused

“I am Sani. I had to change you. Make you a vampire. They are not as bad as most myths make them out to be. Yes we do drink blood, but it doesn’t hurt the human you take the blood from. We don’t kill… or most of us don’t, but that’s the same with humans. There are a few vampires who enjoy killing their victims, but the vampire hunters are aware of them. The sun does not harm us, most don’t like garlic though, but that’s just because of the smell. Our sense of smell is stronger then the best rescue dogs.” Sani sighed “you will not be allowed to let your family know your still… in this world. You will be known from now on as Silver. If you let anyone know who you were, you must kill them, change them, or blood bond them. Blood bonding is making the human completely loyal to you.”

Silver just lay there, blinking, briefly thinking Sani was insane, until she realized she had no heart beat.

The sheets rustled and silver quickly remembered where she was. She looked at the boy. He was thin, tall, and slightly muscular, with short light blond hair. She wondered if he remembered her. Silver took a few steps closer to the sleeping boy, wishing she could just talk to him. She knew he would think he was dreaming, and if he knew what she was, he would probably fear her.



Silver heard the voice and could tell it was another vampire, male, and strong. She swore loudly and regretted it instantly.

“Who’s there?” an uncertain voice whispered.

Silver stayed completely still, listening as the boy sat up.

“I know someone’s here. Who are you? Why are you here?” his voice shook slightly

“Jack. I wont hurt you… relax.” Silver whispered, watching him, hoping he couldn’t see well in the dark.

“Who are you? You sound familiar.” Jack started to stand up.

“Jack.” She sighed softly “I’m sorry but…”

“But you’re only in my imagination…” he started crying “why must you haunt my dreams? Why did you have to die?” jack sounded both sad and angry.

Silver quickly made up her mind “jack I’m not your imagination. Your awake.” She took a few steps towards him, confused slightly. “Jack I’m really here.

“You died”

“not exactly” silver whispered and slowly put a hand on his shoulder, then she hugged him tightly “ my name now is silver. You cant use the one you used to know me as. I will explain everything to you later.”

Jack returned the hug then looked at her “what do you mean you didn’t exactly die?”

“how do I put this?” she sighed “jack, I wont hurt you… ever. I have never killed anyone. Jack. I’m a vampire. I was changed because I could not survive the crash. If I was not changed I would of drowned from my own blood. Vampires are not evil, at least I’m not…” she waited for him to shove her away, but instead he held her tighter/

“I don’t care what you are. I’m just glad you’re here now. I know you wouldn’t kill anyone, at least for no reason.” Jack said quietly “is it true you… drink blood?” he asked slightly shakily.

“Yes, but not often”

“Does it hurt?”

“Only if the vampire makes it”

“Do… do you need to feed soon?”

“In a few days” silver lied, knowing she must feed within the day

“What happens if you don’t?”

Silver said nothing, but shuddered as she remembered what she was told. “When your body doesn’t get the blood it needs, it will go into a coma, preparing for death. Yet you don’t die, not for a long time, you’re stuck in your body starving to death.”

“What happens if you don’t feed” jack asked again, worried now.

“I die.” Silver whispered, showing no emotions.

Jack went very pale and whimpered. Then he slowly got to his feet. “Stay here” he muttered and walked into another room.

Silver sat on his bed confused. Then she smelled the fresh tempting sent of blood. She watched jack walk back into his room and over to her. She saw a small cut on his neck with a few beads of blood forming. Jack sat next to her and brought her head to his neck. She licked the cut, and then carefully bit him. His blood was sweet and slightly metallic tasting. After a few minutes she pulled away from his neck and stared at him “th-thanks jack” she whispered, staring into his sky blue eyes.

“Feel better now?” jack asked, slightly pale. He looked back into her eyes then slowly leaned in and kissed her softly.

Silver blinked in surprise then kissed him back. Then she remembered the voice saying “one week.” She slowly broke the kiss. “Jack I need to tell you something.

“Yes silver?” he looked confused and worried “please don’t tell me I can never see you again.” He begged.

Silver explained what one had to do if a human found out they were a vampire. She also explained what the voice from earlier had said. She muttered quickly “I’ve been visiting your room every night”

“pardon?” jack asked, trying to figure out what her last sentence was.

“I’ve been visiting your room every night for the past year” she blushed as she said this.

Jack blushed brightly and then sighed “you have to kill me, change me, or blood bond me. I don’t want to die, or be changed, at least not yet. Blood bonding sounds like the only real option. What exactly does it involve?”

It involves the human to drink a bit of the vampire’s blood. The human then becomes pretty much the vampires slave.

No comments: